Skin conditions are one of the primary reasons that an individual would seek care from a dermatologist. At Goodman Dermatology, we specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of many skin conditions, offering these services to the residents of Roswell, Marietta / East Cobb, Woodstock and Dawsonville, GA.
What Are Skin Conditions?
Skin conditions include a wide variety of both chronic and acute conditions that affect the skin. These skin conditions can come from various sources; they may be genetic, triggered by allergens or irritants, or even caused by poor skin care and hygiene habits.
As skin conditions develop, they are typically accompanied by some combination of visual and sensational symptoms. Redness or discoloration, rashes, skin sensitivity, and itching are common symptoms of skin conditions. Fortunately, skin conditions can often be managed or completely cured with the right treatment techniques. Goodman Dermatology is proud to offer you the personalized care that will help you overcome your skin condition.
How Much Does Treatment for Skin Conditions Cost?
The cost of your skin condition treatment will vary depending on the treatment techniques used. At Goodman Dermatology, we understand that each patient is entirely unique. With different skin types, cosmetic features and treatment needs, each patient deserves a personalized treatment that is designed with them in mind. For these reasons, we are not able to provide an exact cost for treatment until we have the opportunity to assess your treatment goals and develop a personalized treatment plan.
During your consultation, we will discuss your needs and treatment goals in order to determine your treatment plan and inform you of the cost of your skin condition treatment. To make our treatments more affordable for our patients, we are proud to offer financing options through CareCredit®.
What Treatment Options Are Available for Skin Conditions?
The treatment option that we recommend for your skin condition will depend on many factors. At Goodman Dermatology, we specialize in many advanced skin care techniques, including laser treatments. We can also recommend oral and topical solutions when necessary. However, treatment always begins with a visual assessment and diagnosis of the skin. Then, we will be able to recommend a treatment for the following skin conditions:
- Acne is one of the most common skin conditions, affecting mostly teens and young adults. With proper skin care products and hygienic techniques, we can help you reduce and prevent acne breakouts.
- Auto Immune
- The auto immune system can occasionally be a source of skin conditions. Psoriasis is one of the most common examples, although there are several conditions that fall into this category.
- Birthmarks are a condition that is noticeable from birth. Although they often fade over time, treatment can help reduce their visibility and produce clearer skin.
- Blisters are often caused by irritation of the skin. Although temporary, topical skin care products can accelerate healing and minimize discomfort.
- Bumps, Cysts, and Lumps
- In severe cases, bumps, cysts and lumps can cause symptoms in addition to their size and appearance. If they become large or painful, treatment is recommended.
- Eczema is a common skin condition that causes itchiness and rash-like symptoms. Determining the source of your symptoms, as well as using topical medications, can help reduce its severity.
- Head Lice
- Head lice can be difficult to eliminate and quick to spread. Goodman Dermatology can help you treat this condition that causes itchiness in the hair.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- This condition causes symptoms similar to acne, with small painful bumps under the skin. It often develops in places where the skin rubs together, such as the armpits and between the legs.
- Hives are a type of skin rash that can develop as a reaction to an irritant. Determining the source of your hives is one of the best ways to begin treatment.
- Hyperpigmentation can develop due to aging or sun damage. It results in the discoloration of the skin, and is treated by targeting the pigment-producing cells that cause the symptoms.
- Keratosis Pilaris
- This condition causes small bumps to develop around hair follicles, similar to ingrown hairs. This condition often improves with age, although topical medications can help with symptoms.
- Lichen Simplex Chronicus
- Also called LSC, this condition develops in patients with dermatitis or psoriasis. It develops due to frequent itching and rubbing.
- Pigmented Skin
- Pigmented skin is a milder form of hyperpigmentation. It can be treated with exfoliation techniques and other treatments that address pigment-saturated cells.
- Poison Ivy, Oak, Sumac
- These plants can cause severe itchiness and rashes. Treatment often involves topical medications to soothe the skin and eliminate symptoms.
- Pruritus is another word for itchiness. There are many conditions that can cause this symptom, so professional attention is often needed for a diagnosis.
- Psoriasis causes dry, itchy patches of skin to develop. It often affects the knees, elbows, and scalp.
- Rashes can have many different causes, so treatment often requires determining the source of the irritation. Topical medications are often the best solution.
- Rosacea is often mistaken for acne due to its symptoms. Regular skin care treatments can help control and prevent symptoms.
- Scleroderma is the swelling of the skin that results from the tightening of connective tissue. It most often affects women, and treatment often involves medication.
- Skin Lymphoma
- Skin lymphomas have no relation to skin cancer. They can develop in various areas of the skin, and although they will not affect other parts of the body, can require treatment for removal.
- Vitiligo is caused by a lack of pigment production in the skin cells. It cannot be cured, but treatment can help minimize symptoms.
- Wrinkles are the most common effect of aging, and a frequent cosmetic concern of aging patients. Fortunately, there are many anti-aging treatments available to tighten and rejuvenate the skin.
Are There Any Side Effects After Skin Condition Treatments?
The side effects from your skin condition treatment will depend on the treatment technique used. However, the treatments we offer at Goodman Dermatology are generally well-received by patients and cause brief, minimal side effects.
Is There Any Downtime Required After Skin Condition Treatment?
The downtime required after your skin condition treatment will depend on the treatment performed. However, most of our skin condition treatments require no downtime, allowing you to return to work and all other activities immediately following your appointment.
What Kind of Results Can I Expect After Skin Condition Treatment?
The goal of skin condition treatments is to eliminate the symptoms caused by your skin condition and cure it if possible. Some results may be immediate, while some may develop gradually in the weeks and months following your treatment. This will all depend on the treatment techniques used, which we will discuss at length during your consultation.
If you are seeking treatment for any of the skin conditions above, contact us today to schedule your initial consultation. Goodman Dermatology welcomes patients from Johns Creek, Jasper, Canton, and the surrounding areas of North Atlanta.