If you have developed a skin growth, you can find an effective treatment solution at Goodman Dermatology. We have convenient locations in Roswell, Marietta / East Cobb, Woodstock and Dawsonville, where we serve the residents of North Georgia.
What Are Skin Growths?
Skin growths are any bumps, lumps, cysts, or related growths that occur in the skin. These growths can have various causes, such as an underlying disease, condition, or a reaction of some sort.
As skin growths increase in size, they can cause discomfort, pain, and itchiness. If they become large, more severe symptoms may develop. In addition to alleviating these symptoms, many patients choose to pursue treatment for skin growths to restore clarity and uniformity to the skin. Fortunately, skin growths can often be eliminated with the right treatment techniques. Goodman Dermatology is proud to offer you the personalized care that will help you overcome your skin growth.
How Much Does Treatment for Skin Growths Cost?
The cost of your skin growth treatment will vary depending on the treatment techniques used. At Goodman Dermatology, we understand that each patient is entirely unique. With different skin types, cosmetic features and treatment needs, each patient deserves a personalized treatment that is designed with them in mind. For these reasons, we are not able to provide an exact cost for treatment until we have the opportunity to assess your treatment goals and develop a personalized treatment plan.
During your consultation, we will discuss your needs and treatment goals in order to determine this treatment plan and inform you of the cost of your skin growth treatment. To make our treatments more affordable for our patients, we are proud to offer financing options through CareCredit®.
What Treatment Options Are Available for Skin Growths?
The treatment option that we recommend for your skin growth will depend on many factors. At Goodman Dermatology, we specialize in many advanced skin care techniques, including laser treatments. We also offer a full range of skin cancer treatments through our skin cancer surgical center. However, treatment always begins with a visual assessment and diagnosis of the skin. Then, we will be able to recommend a treatment for the following skin growths:
- Hidrocystoma are cysts caused by a build-up of sweat in the sweat glands. They most often form on the eyelids, and are best treated by draining the cyst.
- A lipoma is a fatty growth that is generally harmless. Treatment is rarely needed, but if they cause pain, grow in size or are determined to be cancerous, surgical removal may be necessary.
- Moles are a common and often harmless skin condition. Many patients choose to remove them for cosmetic reasons, but they may also need to be removed if they are determined to be cancerous.
- A neurofibroma is a type of tumor that forms on a nerve. They are non-cancerous, but can cause a variety of symptoms depending on the affected nerve. Surgical removal may be necessary.
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Sebaceous cysts are non-cancerous, often developing as a result of blocked glands. They may grow slowly, but do not need to be removed unless it becomes large, painful or infected.
- Skin Tag
- A skin tag is a harmless and often painless skin growth that can develop anywhere on the body. If it becomes painful or if you’d like it removed for cosmetic reasons, treatment is quite simple.
- Seborrheic Keratosis
- This is one of the most common non-cancerous skin growths in adults. It may appear dark, scaly, and raised from the skin. Treatment is rarely needed, but easily performed.
- Warts are caused by the human papillomavirus and can spread quickly. They often affect the hands, feet, and genitals. There are many effective treatment options available.
Are There Any Side Effects After Skin Growth Treatments?
The side effects from your skin growth treatment will depend on the treatment technique used. However, the treatments we offer at Goodman Dermatology are generally well-received by patients and cause brief, minimal side effects.
Is There Any Downtime Required After Skin Growth Treatment?
The downtime required after your skin growth treatment will depend on the treatment performed. However, most of our skin growth treatments require no downtime, allowing you to return to work and all other activities immediately following your appointment.
What Kind of Results Can I Expect After Skin Growth Treatment?
The goal of skin growth treatments is to eliminate the symptoms caused by your skin growth and completely remove it if possible. Some results may be immediate, while some may develop gradually in the weeks and months following your treatment. This will all depend on the treatment techniques used, which we will discuss at length during your consultation.
Have you developed a painful or unsightly skin growth? If you are located in Johns Creek, Jasper, Canton or the nearby areas of North Atlanta, contact us today to schedule your consultation at Goodman Dermatology.